Friday, May 16, 2008

Packing Light

Packing light has never been my forte. I'm the person with the huge suitcase for a short weekend trip. I admire people who can throw a few things in a backpack and be ready to go. Needless to say, packing for a 7 week stay in Barcelona is proving to be a little bit of a challenge. I told myself I was only going to pack the absolute necessities, but then I see a really cute pair of shoes sitting in my closet that will look great with a dress I'm taking. I'm trying though. I've set out everything I want to take and tomorrow I'll go through it and decide what is absolutely necessary and what I won't wear and will just take up space in my suitcase. Hopefully, I'll be able to magically whittle down my wardrobe, and end up with a half empty suitcase--highly unlikely, but I can be hopeful.

It hasn't really hit me yet that I'm going to Barcelona in just a day. It probably won't hit me until I step off the plane. Or maybe it won't hit me until after it's over and I'm looking at pictures. Sometimes that happens, I'll be looking at pictures from past trips, reminiscing and I'll think to myself "Did that really happen? Did I really do that? It wasn't all a dream?" Either way, I'm really excited, I know it will be an amazing experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny... corey baum is having the same problem... his bag is a little too big for the airplane... (like the dimensions actually exceed what you're allowed to put under the plane). I just realized that he's going to Spain and you're going to Spain this summer. Maybe you'll bump into each other.

Anonymous said...

Packing light is impossible if you want to look good! you have to have choices =) I hope you had a safe flight and I can't wait to hear about the beginning of your journey. =)